1. Okay, so this first one may sound strange, but trust me! The best foundation you can get at the drugstore is actually a men’s shaving balm. Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm is the best foundation I have ever used. Dutch YouTube makeup guru Nikkie de Jager is credited with discovering this trick. Apply the balm as you would any other foundation and let it sit for about 20 seconds until it feels sticky on the skin. Apply your foundation on top and make it last all day! The best part is, you can get this product for less than $ 5.00 at Target.
2. I believe that L’Oreal has the best foundations in the pharmacy. For someone with dry skin or someone who just wants a wet finish, TRUE MATCH ™ Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup is amazing. If your skin type is more oily or you like a matte finish, you will love the INFALLIBLE® Pro-Matte Foundation. The best assets of these are their prices! Both are less than $ 13.00 and can be found at Walgreens, Target, or Walmart.
3. For concealer, Maybelline’s FIT ME® CONCEALER is a winner. It’s a cheat for YVES SAINT LAURENT TOUCHE ECLAT Radiance Perfecting Pen, which costs a whopping $ 42.00 compared to Maybelline’s concealer priced at $ 6.49.
4. For contouring and highlighting, Nyx has some products that are perfect and serve a dual purpose. If you prefer a cream application, take NYX WONDER STICK. For dust, you can’t go wrong with their HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR PRO PALETTE. Both affordable at $ 25.00 for the pallet and $ 12.00 for the bar.
5. For a dazzling glow, head over to colourpop and grab one of their Super Shock highlighters. As of now, Colourpop is only available online, however their products are super affordable and well worth it. This highlight is only $ 8.00!
6. One of Sephora’s best-selling blushes is the NARS blush in Orgasm and for good reason it is beautiful. However, it is priced at $ 30.00. If you’re looking for the same gorgeous, bright, peachy pink shade, head over to Walgreens or CVS. Milani Cosmetics makes a beautiful victim named Shining. It applies perfectly and costs only $ 8.00!
7. For eyeshadow, I suggest investing in a versatile palette that will last a long time. Morphe has many 35 shadow palettes. All pallets are priced at $ 23.00. That’s just over a dollar a shade! The famous Urban Decay Naked palettes are priced at $ 54 per palette, which works out to $ 4.50 per shade. Morphe Popsicles are of great quality and mix easily.
8. The following is the cheapest item on this entire list. Jordana’s Easyliner for Lips Retractable Pencils are excellent eyeliners. They are durable and come in 8 different colors. They are only $ 2.49 a piece! Plus, at Walgreens.com right now, buy one get one 50% off! You can have the entire line for $ 15.00, that’s less than an Everlasting lip liner from KAT VON D
9. Another product that Colourpop makes that is amazing and affordable are its Ultra Matte Lips.
10. Having a good set of makeup brushes is more important than is usually perceived. If the brush is not good, then the product, good or not, will be applied badly. I have 2 options for affordable brushes. The first are the Real Techniques kits. They have different kits for the face and eyes, as well as their own beauty sponges. Prices range from $ 5.99 to $ 19.99. The second option is probably my favorite. Morphe cosmetics has collaborated with Liveglam and created their own subscription box. For just $ 20.00 a month, you’ll get 3-8 brushes, worth at least $ 30.00. It is an easy way to create your collection.